On Tuesday, 11/07//2017, the Commissioner, Mr. Abd-Al- Hakim Al-Shaab, held a meeting with the staff of the External Operations Section at the Electoral Operations Department, for discussing some of the topics related to the section and enhance its role during the upcoming electoral events.
The meeting reviewed and discussed the semi-annual plan of this year for the activities of the External Operations Section, which was recently established in accordance with the decision of the Commission’s Board No. (26), 2017 on the establishment of the External Operations Section at the Operations Department.
During the meeting, some notes have been addressed for activating the executive plan submitted by the Section. In a related context, the Head of Electoral Operations Department, Mr. Salah Al-Kmeshi, in a previous meeting with the staff of the Section, highlighted the need to quickly start the implementation of the plan according to the available capabilities; in accordance with what has been agreed upon with the HNEC Chairman, Dr. Emad Al-Sayah, after approving the plan.
Mr. Al-Kmeshi emphasized the importance of activating the plan in accordance with the programs and activities specified for this section in order to achieve the objectives and plans of the HNEC, including:
- Developing partial and possible basis for the implementation of the executive plans for OCV, supervising them in future.
- Follow-up the procedures for HNEC international communication with regional and international organizations.
- Considering the applications submitted for observing elections.
- Other tasks related to developing manuals, studies and reports related to the observing elections locally and internationally.
- Updating the mechanism of observers’ accreditation, supervised by Mrs. Hind Azzouz and Mrs. Malak Al-shelli, which has been reallocated under the External Operations Section, headed by Dr. Abd Al-Ghani Daaboub.
Having mentioned this, the External Operations Section invites all international organizations concerned with elections, as well as civil society organizations specialized in election observation, to contact this Section via the email: email@example.com or by visiting the HNEC website hnec.ly