The list of media representatives, annexed to the decision (57)Published by admin on 19-05-2012 01:50 (823 reads)
High National Election Commission
Board of Commission
The list of media representatives, annexed to the decision of the Head of Board of Commission No. (57) for the year 2012.
* The Constitutional declaration issued on August 3, 2011 and its amendment, and
* Law No. 3 of the year 2012 , on the establishment of the High National Election Commission, and
* Law No. 4 of year 2012 ,on the election of the General National Congress , and
* Law No. 14 of the year 2012 , on the determination of the electoral constituencies for the election of the General National Congress , and
* Law No. 28 of the year 2012, on the amendment of the Law No. 4 of the year 2012,on election of the General National Congress, and
1. The Commission: High National Election Commission and its electoral constituencies.
2. Sub-Committee: - The Committee established by the Commission to manage elections in each sub-constituency.
3. Accreditation Card - A Card issued by the Commission. It includes the photograph and the personal information of the media representative, with special specifications. It authorizes him/her to accomplish the work assigned to him/her.
4. Representatives of media: They are editors of newspapers or magazines or the authors of news broadcast on radio or television, or authors of news distributed through the local and international internet.
Media representatives are allowed to enter to voters' registration centers during the period of voter registration, and to enter the polling stations during election days, for the purpose of media coverage.
Terms, Conditions and procedures for accreditation of media representatives
Media representatives shall meet the following conditions:
- To belong to an accredited official or nun-official media institution.
- Impartiality, independence and integrity during their visit to voter registration centers and polling stations.
- Not to participate in election campaigns, in any way, for the interest of any individual or political party or entity during their visit to voter registration centers and polling stations on election days.
- To abide by laws and codes of conduct during their visit to voter registration centers and polling stations.
- To fill the application form of accreditation issued by the Commission.
Conditions of Accreditation
A. Local media representatives:
1 - To be Libyan.
2 - Not to be less than 18 years old and to be fully competent.
3 - Impartiality, independence and integrity.
4 - He / she is not allowed to be a candidate.
5 - Not to be convicted of a felony involving moral turpitude unless he/she has been rehabilitated.
6 - They shall not belong either to political parties, or political entities, or individual candidates.
7 - Not to participate, in any way, in election campaigns for the interest of any individual or party or political entity.
8 - To fill the application form of accreditation issued by the Commission.
9 - To abide by the rules of the Code of Conduct.
B. International media representatives:
Those who wish to be international media representatives shall meet the following conditions: -
1 - Neutrality, independence, integrity and experience.
2 - To fill the application form of accreditation issued by the Commission.
3 - To abide by the rules of the Code of Conduct.
The rights of media representatives
The Commission will facilitate access to information and data relating to the electoral process for representatives of media.
Duties of media representatives:
During carrying out their missions, media representatives shall do the following: -
1 - Make sure to respect all laws and regulations in force in Libya at all stages of the electoral process.
2 - Commitment to public order and morals.
3 - Ensure a good behavior with the staff of the registration centers and polling, and voters, during their visit to these centers on election days. They shall request permission, from the Director of the center of voter registration or polling station, for photography or recording.
4 - Continuously and visibly displaying the card of accreditation as a representative of media during their visit to voter registration centers and polling stations on election days.
5 - Respect the principle of neutrality and refrain from making any statements, to the public, which may question the credibility of the electoral process or may call for violence, during their visit to voter registration centers and polling stations on election days.
6 - Do not wear or carry any logos, colors or symbols, similar or identical to any of those of the political entities or candidates during their visit to voter registration centers and polling stations on election days.
7 - Not to use any mobile phones during their visit to voter registration centers and polling stations on election days.
Offenses and penalties
The commission has the right to revoke the accreditation of media representatives in the case of violating the laws and regulations in force in Libya, including codes of conduct for media representatives during their visit to voter registration centers and polling stations on election days.
Board of Commission
High National Election Commission
Issued in Tripoli
28 / 4 / 2012
All representatives of media accredited by the Commission
are obliged to do the following :
* Comply with all laws and regulations, issued by the commission, and the rules of the code of conduct.
* Exercise their activities professionally, and comply with all instructions issued by officials.
* Respect the rights of all voters.
* Respect the laws and the authority of election officials, keep order, and respect the customs and culture of the host country. At all times, adhere to professionalism.
* Not to interfere or to obstruct the electoral process in any way.
* Respect the secrecy and personal affairs of voters.
* Fully commitment to impartiality, and not to influence any voters or staff members.
* Not to conduct any kind of electoral campaign.
* Not to carry or to display or to wear any symbols of a political entity, or any colors of a partisan nature.
* Visibly display accreditation cards whilst covering the electoral process.
* Not to photo any materials without prior permission, and shall not take any photographs which might affect the secrecy and integrity of the vote.
Hereby I promise to respect and comply with all the provisions of this document.
|Files linked to this article|
|File name||Published on||Hits|
|Decision No. 57||2012/6/7||704|